Join us in our husky farm for the perfect activity for the whole family. Try dog sledding & enjoy a hot drink on this adventure.
OVERNIGHT MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE
- Adult 18+
- Adult Overnight Mountain Adventure - Gift Certificate
Enjoy a memorable mountain adventure in a historic mountain cabin in Norway close to the elements, nature, polar dogs & people.
A mountain tour similar to the 6-hour Mountain Adventure included an overnight stay in a rustic and historic mountain cabin. On this tour guests join in on the preparation, care, and feeding of the dogs. You will mush your own team and help them up the steepest stretches.
We start with an introduction to safety and dog sledding techniques before guests set off with their own teams. We visit one of Norway’s largest nature preserves, which is home to Europe’s southernmost wild reindeer herd. The route depends on snow and weather conditions. We share stories of the old days, in which the impoverished people here lived off the land and struggled to survive in primitive conditions.
Relax and enjoy the silence of the mountains with a digital detox without distractions.
Meeting Point: Sirdal Huskyfarm, Runtleneset 22, 4440 Tonstad, Norway
- Dinner day 1 and breakfast day 2 is included.
- In the mountain we share in all practical activities such as fire building, water retrieval and cooking.
- The history of the place is served during dinner. Remember to give feedback on any allergies when booking or sending a request.
- You will mush your own team, either alone or together with another person where both must stand on the sled.
Bring warm winter clothes (jacket and trousers) with a wool/insulated inner layer, gloves, warm hat, snow goggles and warm winter boots. Bring a small backpack on the sled with extra clothes, hot drinks and some pocket food, as it can be difficult to predict breaks along the way. Remember to bring your own sleeping bag and dry clothes.