Opplev en natt i en fjellhytte med hundespann og vær klar for litt action!
- Adult Ages 18+
- Adult Mountain Adventure - Gift Certificate
A fun and thrilling adventure with your own dog sled team in the high mountains of Sirdal, Norway.
Enjoy a six-hour mountain adventure above the treeline. Guests get to mush their own dog sled team near Norway’s second-largest nature preserve, which is home to Europe’s southernmost herd of wild reindeer. The route depends on snow and weather conditions, so we will let you know where to meet up in advance.
We start with a meet and greet followed by safety instructions and letting guests help get their teams ready. At the trip’s halfway point, we take a break in a charming mountain cabin and share stories from the area, including tales of the old days, when impoverished locals struggle for survival when living off the land in primitive conditions. Full of new impressions, we head down the mountain and back home on the next chapter of our adventure, which includes hitting the brakes on the steep parts! Please let us know in advance about any allergies.
Meeting Point: Sirdal Huskyfarm, Runtleneset 22, 4440 Tonstad, Norway
- Suitable for anyone who wants a unique nature experience in the high mountains with a dog sled. You need to be in good physical condition, have some outdoor experience, and be ready for some fun action.
- You will mush your own team and have to look after them for the whole day.
- The minimum age is 16 years.
- Minimum 2, maximum 8 per group.
Bring warm winter clothes (jacket and trousers), a woollen/insulated inner layer, gloves, warm hat, snow goggles and winter boots. We also suggest bringing some light snacks.